Imperial Berkey Water Filter Systems
4.5 Gallon Stainless Steel Gravity Fed Water Filter System with Black Berkey Elements
The Imperial Berkey water filtration system is great for the environment, and a great solution for you and your loved ones.
The Imperial Berkey can help you reduce you carbon footprint by eliminating the need for bottled water, a wasteful and environmentally unfriendly solution. Over 1.5 million tons of oil were used to produce the plastic bottles that contain a ridiculously small amount of an exorbitantly priced commodity – water. 85% of those bottles end up in landfills. In addition, Berkey water filters use no electricity. Whatever your reason for buying the Imperial Berkey today – your good health, the welfare of those you care for, being prepared for an emergency or concern for the environment, you will feel like you’ve made a wise consumer choice.
Imperial Berkey Filters @dash; Great for Groups
The versatile Imperial Berkey® system is the ideal system for use with small to medium sized groups, at home, churches, hospitals orphanages, for outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies. The Imperial Berkey can filter up to 120 gallons of drinking water per day. The 9" filter elements in the Imperial Berkey last 85% longer than the "Standard" Berkefeld model while producing up to 96 more gallons of clean water per day. This version features six Black Berkey Filters.
Weight: 10 pounds
The stainless steel housing and easy-to-assemble design has made it the choice of thousands, including missionaries, campers, home owners, emergency agencies and the preparedness community.
The Imperial Berkey is compact and easily portable (only 15" tall when not in use) and features two Black Berkey purification elements that remove bacteria, chemicals, pollutants and sediment, odors and bad taste. Filter Life
Heavily contaminated water would result in shorter filter element use, i.e. swamp water, filthy river water or heavily chlorinated* water. Filtering cleaner water, such as clear lake or stream water, snow or rain results in longer filter use.
*Chlorination levels vary greatly from area to area and may vary daily in the same water system.
Many customers purchase an additional set of Berkey filters in case one of the durable filter elements accidentally becomes damaged by negligence at some future date.
Assembles in 10 minutes with no tools!
- Remove the filter elements and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the diagram. Note: The number of filter elements supplied will depend on the type of unit ordered:
- Standard Berkey: 4 Filter Elements
- Big Berkey: 4 Filter Elements
- Imperial Berkey: 6 Filter Elements
- Crown Berkey: 8 Filter Elements
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands before proceeding. Assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Fit the knob (1) onto the lid (2) by inserting the screw (3) up through the hole in the lid and screwing on the knob. Hand tighten only.
- Place the large sealing washer (10) over the threaded part of the filter element (5).
- Place the element (5) into the hole in the base of the upper chamber (4).
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wing nut (11) onto the threaded mount. Repeat #5 & #6 until all filter elements have been installed. Hand tighten only.
- Place one small washer (8) onto the threaded part of the outlet spigot (7).
- Insert thread of spigot (7) through hole in the side of the lower chamber (6). Place the second small washer (8) over the thread within the chamber and secure in place with the nut (9). Tighten securely by hand only.
- Put the upper chamber (4) on top of the lower chamber (6) and place lid (2) in position.
- Ensure that the spigot (7) is in the "OFF" position.
- CONDITION FILTERS:
Wipe the ceramic dust from the outer surfaces of the filter elements with a damp cloth. Fill upper chamber (4) fully with cold or room temperature water and cover with lid (2). Allow all water to gravity filter into lower chamber. Open the spigot to allow all water to run to waste. Allow filters to stand unused overnight. Refill upper chamber again with water and open spigot for two minutes and allow water to run to waste.
- The British Berkefeld ® water filter is now ready to use.
Note: If the filters are left to stand for more than 3 days, then it is recommended that water be run to waste for 1 minute before using. When installing filter elements for the first time or replacing a used element with a new one, it is important to condition the new filters using the above procedure.