Crown Berkey with Super Sterasyl Filters
The versatile 6 gallon Crown Berkey system is the ideal system for use with medium to large groups, at home, churches, hospitals orphanages, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies.
This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
This Crown Berkey system removes 99.99 pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOC's, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with two, four, six, or eight purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances. This system has a storage capacity of about 6 gallons (22.7 liters) and when in use it stands 30" in height with a diameter of 11". The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 20? in height. Configured with two Super Sterasyl filtration elements the system will purify up to 6.5 Gallons (24.6 liters) per hour*. This system can be expanded to use eight purification elements and is capable of purify up to 26 Gallons (98.4 liters) per hour*.
Assembles in less than 10 minutes and with no tools!
- Remove the filter elements and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the diagram. Note: The number of filter elements supplied will depend on the type of unit ordered:
- Standard Berkey: 4 Filter Elements
- Big Berkey: 4 Filter Elements
- Imperial Berkey: 6 Filter Elements
- Crown Berkey: 8 Filter Elements
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands before proceeding. Assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Fit the knob (1) onto the lid (2) by inserting the screw (3) up through the hole in the lid and screwing on the knob. Hand tighten only.
- Place the large sealing washer (10) over the threaded part of the filter element (5).
- Place the element (5) into the hole in the base of the upper chamber (4).
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wing nut (11) onto the threaded mount. Repeat #5 & #6 until all filter elements have been installed. Hand tighten only.
- Place one small washer (8) onto the threaded part of the outlet spigot (7).
- Insert thread of spigot (7) through hole in the side of the lower chamber (6). Place the second small washer (8) over the thread within the chamber and secure in place with the nut (9). Tighten securely by hand only.
- Put the upper chamber (4) on top of the lower chamber (6) and place lid (2) in position.
- Ensure that the spigot (7) is in the "OFF" position.
- Prime the Filters: Wipe the ceramic dust from the outer surfaces of the filter elements with a damp cloth. Fill upper chamber (4) fully with cold or room temperature water and cover with lid (2). Allow all water to gravity filter into lower chamber. Open the spigot to allow all water to run to waste. Allow filters to stand unused overnight. Refill upper chamber again with water and open spigot for two minutes and allow water to run to waste.
- The Berkey water filter is now ready to use.
Note: If the filters are left to stand for more than 3 days, then it is recommended that water be run to waste for 1 minute before using. When installing filter elements for the first time or replacing a used element with a new one, it is important to condition the new filters using the above procedure.
* Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines