Berkey Light 2.75 Gal. Water Purifier with Super Sterasyl Elements
Berkey Light is constructed of shatter resistant, high impact strength Lexan®. The system comes complete with either two or four Super Sterasyl purification elements and a base, and utilizes the latest technological advances. This system has a storage capacity of about 2.75 gallons and when in use it stands 26.5 in height with a diameter of 9. The system stands 21? tall when used without the base.
Configured with two Super Sterasyl® filtration elements the system can purify over 4 Gallons per hour. (Not yet available in Iowa). The Berkey Light™ system is designed for use during travel, outdoor activities and during unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best.
Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available. The shatter resistant and virtually unbreakable Berkey Light™ system is made of high impact strength Lexan® which, ounce for ounce, is stronger than steel. In fact, this is the same material used for making bulletproof glass.
The Berkey Light™ system does not leach foul tasting plasticizers into your water and will not retain foul tastes and odors from waterborne contaminants.
As the system purifies water, it produces the delightful and relaxing sound of falling raindrops.
The revolutionary Berkey Light™ self-sterilizing and re-cleanable purification elements purify water by removing pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and by extracting harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. They also reduce nitrates, nitrites, sediment and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury.
Berkey Light Assembly Instructions
Easy Setup and Simple Installation
The Berkey Light™ system sets up in less than 10 minutes and with no tools. Simply screw in the purification elements and spigot, snap the chambers and base together and you are ready to purify your water.
- Remove the filter elements and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the diagram. Note: The number of filter elements supplied will depend on the type of unit ordered:
- Standard Berkey: 4 Filter Elements
- Big Berkey: 4 Filter Elements
- Imperial Berkey: 6 Filter Elements
- Crown Berkey: 8 Filter Elements
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands before proceeding. Assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Fit the knob (1) onto the lid (2) by inserting the screw (3) up through the hole in the lid and screwing on the knob. Hand tighten only.
- Place the large sealing washer (10) over the threaded part of the filter element (5).
- Place the element (5) into the hole in the base of the upper chamber (4).
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wing nut (11) onto the threaded mount. Repeat #5 & #6 until all filter elements have been installed. Hand tighten only.
- Place one small washer (8) onto the threaded part of the outlet spigot (7).
- Insert thread of spigot (7) through hole in the side of the lower chamber (6). Place the second small washer (8) over the thread within the chamber and secure in place with the nut (9). Tighten securely by hand only.
- Put the upper chamber (4) on top of the lower chamber (6) and place lid (2) in position.
- Ensure that the spigot (7) is in the "OFF" position.
- CONDITION FILTERS:
Wipe the ceramic dust from the outer surfaces of the filter elements with a damp cloth. Fill upper chamber (4) fully with cold or room temperature water and cover with lid (2). Allow all water to gravity filter into lower chamber. Open the spigot to allow all water to run to waste. Allow filters to stand unused overnight. Refill upper chamber again with water and open spigot for two minutes and allow water to run to waste.
- The Berkey water filter is now ready to use.
Note: If the filters are left to stand for more than 3 days, then it is recommended that water be run for 1 minute before using. When installing filter elements for the first time or replacing a used element with a new one, it is important to condition the new filters using the above procedure.