Crank-a-Watt Emergency Generator - 400W
400 Watt Bike and Hand Crank Generator in Standard Plastic Case
Crank-a-Watt(TM) is the ultimate portable "Human Powered Generator" for any emergency or survival situation. It needs no wind, sun or gasoline and makes up to 250 watts of instant power anytime, anywhere. Use the crank handle to generate power, or let your bicycle do the work. The case includes plenty of room for battery storage, power inverter and other supplies. The entire unit is easy to carry. Just pick it up and go.
Human Power is better than Solar Power
You can't carry around a windmill or solar panel. They don't work indoors. They don't fit in your car. Don't wait until it's too late to own a Human Powered backup power source. Use the crank handle to generate power, or let your bicycle do the work. The case includes plenty of room for battery storage, power inverter and other supplies. The entire unit is easy to carry. Just pick it up and go.
More Reliable than Wind, Solar, & Gas-powered Generators
Windmills and solar panels are a great way to save $$ on your energy bill, and gain some independence from our frail national power grid. However, for most people, installing any type of wind or solar product is simply impossible, and not a reliable source of power in an emergency.
Apartments & Condo's
If you live in an apartment, condo, high rise building or multi-family dwelling, there may be rules prohibiting the use of gas generators, and if you don't have access to the roof or a wide-open areas, wind or solar power may not be an option for you.
It never needs to be plugged into a wall outlet. Popular "jump start" units must be plugged in after every use, making them very limited in a power outage. The Crank a Watt(TM) is always ready for any emergency. Attention Preppers! If you're looking for a product that makes electricity without using the sun, wind or gasoline, the Crank a Watt(TM) is a perfect choice. It makes power indoors or out, whenever you need it.
If you become stranded in a car, at home, on a boat, or anywhere, you need electricity. If the power grid goes down, wind-up flashlights and radios are fine, but they don't make electricity for other things like lighting and communication.
The 400 watt Deluxe is the top of the line for bike and hand crank units. It comes with a $35.00 battery voucher and standard power inverter. With the power inverter and battery you can operate 120 volt household appliances like cell phone chargers, lap top computers, televisions, most kitchen appliances etc. This 400 watt max. power unit has everything you need to make instant power. Simply connect the included battery cables and you're ready to go.
- Patent Pending combo hand crank, bike pedal generator
- Ideal for first responders, keeps police and fire fighters radios charged and ready
- Supplies power for "ham" radio operators in a power failure
- The perfect "preppers" tool for instant electricity
- All units Made In USA by Moeller Engineering, since 1959
- Lifetime Warranty on generator. The generator will never wear out
- Includes rectifier, battery cables, battery voucher (worth $35.00) and 200 watt inverter for operating 120 volt household appliances, instantly
- Instant power anytime, anywhere, simply by cranking the handle or pedaling
- 400 watt alternator genertor with 250 max watts output by cranking
- High amp generator design
- On board battery and inverter storage
- Weather resistant case with handle
- Virtually indestructible "permanent magnet" design
- Light weight, easy to transport. Pick it up and go
Charging batteries, 12 or 24 volts. Be prepared if the power grid goes down! Charge cell phones, lap top computers, lights, TV's, radios, iPads, boat batteries, power drills, walkie-talkies.
Where to Use
At home, college dorms, boating, camping, hiking, motor homes, RV's, motorists, anywhere power is needed without the fumes and danger of gasoline powered generators.
Because it's made with permanent magnets, the manufacturer, Moeller Engineering, includes a lifetime warranty on this generator. It will work just as well 100 years from now as it does today. Permanent magnets are made from Rare Earth Minerals that never wear out.
Crank-a-Watt Emergency Generator Benefits
- Compact design
- Double AC receptacles for connecting multiple loads
- Modified sine wave for up to 87% efficiency
- Heavy duty input cables with alligator clips
- 5 volt, 500 milli-amp USB port
- LED indicator light with low battery alarm
- Protection from low/high voltage, low/high temperatures, low/high currents
- Short circuit and overload protection
- Input voltage: 12.8V
- Output voltage: 115V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 6-1/2" L x 4" W x 2" H
- Shipping Weight: 1.60 lbs.
Battery not Included, Inverter Is Included
Crank-a-Watt is designed to connect directly a 12 volt battery for instant 110 volt AC power. Use on the road or at home - charges all household appliances. High surge capacity for products that require high wattage to start. Continuous power up to 200 watts.
About the Battery Voucher
Crank-a-Watt Deluxe includes an inverter, but not a battery. All Crank-a-Watt(TM) models are designed to be portable and self contained. Therefore, the battery must be powerful, yet small enough to fit into the case. Our engineers have specified the Interstate Brand (or equal), lead acid tractor-lawn-utility battery. Although they are not considered deep cycle batteries, they are very robust and good quality products. They operate in an excellent temperature range and are typically 145 cold cranking amps @ 12 volts, which is quite suitable for your Crank-a-Watt(TM) generator. They can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears etc. The battery cables included with your Crank-a-Watt(TM) are compatible with this style of battery. The battery voucher value is intended to cover the entire cost of the battery and "core" charge. Due to fluctuating battery prices, we can't guarantee the exact price of the battery.
**For best results do not operate below 11.8 volts.
Living at the Edge
Like it or not, we all live on a Razors Edge with respect to vital systems including electricity, food, water and communications. In today's World, you simply Must have a way to generate electricity that does not depend on our faltering grid, nor wind, solar, gasoline.... or any other power source... but you!